Adventure in homeland - Burzenland, Brasov (Parental love)13:20:00
It’s a pleasure for me to tell you my journey in Romania. Two years ago I’ve decided that from now on I will choose the path of travel...
It’s a pleasure for me to tell you my journey in Romania. Two years ago I’ve decided that from now on I will choose the path of traveling and discovering new cultures instead of a monotonous life. In time my addiction for new lands has grown bigger and bigger everyday.
My first big plan brought me to Burzenland or how it’s know in Romania Țara Bârsei. I didn’t know where to start from, so I’ve decided that the first city that I will visit will be the first city where I will find a guide. And the luck brought me to Brașov. It wasn’t my first time there. But now I tried to stay with locals, to understand more about the people from there. And it was a pleasure, a unique experience that I will never forget.
Like the proverb ‚Man consecrates the land’ this is how the city of Brașov is. Everywhere I’ve found people which talked with me kindly and allways helped me by guiding and advising.
People from Romania know that the Transylvania region has many good people. But to meet them in person it makes you thinking ‚Man, they are so kind. This is real or I’m dreaming! ’ Yes, God also created good people.
How I already said earlier my main reason for choosing Brașov was because I contacted a nice mate who offered to help me see the city like a local. Although at the beging we planed just to visit the city but in the evening I was very hungry and I asked him where I can find a nice place to eat. But he insisted to go with him at his parents to eat warm food. I knew that it was a great idea, but I felted weird. A stranger was so kind with me for nothing. I’m grateful, that’s why I went with him and met his parent. It was at that time the best decision I’ve ever took in my travels.
- Man let me call my parents to heat the food. I will not let you to eat from a shitty fast-food. I will not leave like that.
- C’mon man! It was a good day for me. We visited some cool places in Brașov. For Christ finally I’ve discovered the twine street, but I feel odd to be helped so much.
- Don’t worry Adi. I spoke with my parents yesterday about you and your project and they will be happy to meet you. Stay calm my friend.
And so it was, his mother waited us in a little lobby apartment. It was a joy to see a warm mother who was more happier for her guest than for her child. On the other side Dan’s father stood like a oak in the bedroom door. He didn’t say anything. I was a little bit scared. The man was watching me like a hawk.
- Come, come boys said she. I made for you a good bean soup. I just stopped the fire.
- Aaa, thank you mom! said Dan to his mother.
- Adi do you like bean soup!? If you don’t like it I have something else.
What was I supposed to say! I was starving, I would have eaten anything.
- Thank you ma’am! The soup is perfect. I told to Dan I’m hungry and I don’t fuss.
- Ooo. How could you let the boy like this?
- Aaa, we visited the city and after we came here.
- Ma’am, I apologise, but this was my idea. It’s pointless to scold Dan.
- Well, so you would stayed outside undernourished?
- No ma’am. We could find a solution.
- Woman let the boys relax. Can’t you see they are tired?
From that moment the show had a new star, Dan’s father. He gave us a glass of bilberry liqueur and welcomed me to Brașov.
- Adi, my boy, welcome to Brașov! And he drunks the liqueur in a second.
I knew that it will be a special night right from the moment when I saw him. But I was happy to discover a beautiful character.
At the beginning I’ve found out that the Dan’s father was born in Bucharest. He told us about the problems he had with the new ID, but I was suprised because he didn’t complained a second. He knew he had half of fault. But he realized from now on that he must be more careful with his documents. And advised me to do the same.
After the second main course he change the topics and right now I was very happy. He told us about his experience in the army.
In the communist era the army was compulsory. So, every man who had 18 years was enrolled in the army and sent nearly a year in the army.
- My boy, the first time after I joined the army I was sent close to Teleorman. We had the basic training. It wasn’t so bad, altough was the army. I wasn’t anymore at my parents. After the basic training and some free days my company was sent to the Jiu Valley or how it was known among soldiers, ’’Weeping Valley’’.
- Why sir? I asked him so shocked.
- Let me tell you a thing. We leaving the mine everyday exactly how you have the blouse, black. Only the teeth could be seen. It was very hard for us. But we didn’t work like a real miner. We helped them.
I remember one day the boss of the mine gave indications and a small earthquake started. Nobody was harmed, except for him. He was traped between two big boulders and I saw how he gave his last breath. The mans respected him and brought him out. Many of the miners died in the mine in that era.
I saw everytime he spoked about the mine memories he had a sadness respect on his face.
It was a honor for me to listen untold stories from that period. Because where I was born this king of stories don't exist. And to hear about this thinks it makes me realise that right now our generation is so lucky.
Now, at the end of this story I will let you with good words said by madame Silvia.
’’My boy, travel, as much as you can. You are young. You don’t have to worry. Because right now you don’t have a obligations or responsabilities. Some of you finished a college. Good for you. But don’t think that right now you are adults and right now you must have a house and stuff. Yes, in time you will have, but now it’s not the time for that. Now you must travel, meet people, make friends, see places, live the moment. Because nobody knows if you will have that chance again. TRAVEL, AS MUCH AS YOU CAN’
If you liked the story don’t hesitate to share with you’re friends or familly. Suport the project, if you think that it deserves it. And I invite you to read the next story from Prejmer or to see the pictures from Brașov. Take care my friends!